Anna Sanares-Brissett DDM MDS M(PaedDent) RCS (Edin)
Jad Clarke BDS DClinDent MRACDS (Paed)

My child has knocked their tooth - what should I do?

Always seek help from a dentist (paediatric dentist if possible) as soon as practical. An assessment needs to be made regarding the health of the knocked tooth and whether any of your child‘s other (or developing) teeth have been affected. The child‘s age will be important in deciding whether the knocked out tooth is replaced or not. Usually, if the child is under 6 years of age, the knocked out tooth will be a primary (baby) tooth and is not usually replaced.